LEEDS: 0113 246 0055 LONDON: 0203 617 8746
We receive a large number of referrals and clients who are suffering because of one or more of the following situations concerning estate executors/administrators:
- They are unable to reach agreement as to what to do next in the administration; or
- They are causing inordinate delay in getting the estate administrated either due to lack of understanding or any urgency; or
- They have used their position as estate administrator to their own personal advantage by either obtaining assets at an undervalue or perhaps distributing estate assets unfairly and/or improperly; or
- They are unable to understand what a particular term in a will means; or
- They have simply mismanaged the estate causing loss to some or all the beneficiaries. This may extend in the case of professional administrators to potential negligence claims.
It is possible to seek help from the courts to remove an existing executor/administrator and substitute them for a new one – either a professional or in fact another family member. This can be done even before any actual steps have been taken towards getting a Grant of Probate.
The team is led by Martin Holdsworth, one of only 3 lawyers recognised outside London as a specialist in this area of law by Chambers and Partners 2014. He has been recommended by the Legal 500 for the last 5 years and is a national committee member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS). For an initial no-obligation discussion about your case and funding options, please do not hesitate to contact him on 0113 3804571 or firstname.lastname@example.org